NETSPECTRUM Phone Service
What NETSPECTRUM Offers
NETSPECTRUM provides an option for home phone service that has all the features you could need at an attractive price. The phone option we provide is a VoIP service (Voice over IP), which means the phone service runs using your internet connection. We do not offer phone service as a stand-alone service, a subscription to NETSPECTRUM internet service is required for phone service.
For $24.95+tax a month, you get unlimited calling throughout Canada, the US and Mexico along with a plethora of other features we’ve listed below in the features section.
- We have one plan at $24.95/month + tax.
- Setup is free if you do it yourself, if you would like a technician on-site, cost for setup is $150 – the Ooma hardware ships with instructions for setup and free phone support to assist. Watch a video here on how easy the setup is.
- TELO base station is provided for free, and must be returned if service is cancelled. If you purchase an Ooma handset, you still own the handset if service is cancelled.
- Any phone can be connected to the phone system, but Instant Second Line feature requires at least one Ooma handset, available for purchase from NETSPECTRUM for $49.95+ tax.
NETSPECTRUM’s phone system will work on any of our DSL or Cable internet plans. For Wireless customers, phone service availability is dependent on a few factors our team would need to assess before offering our home phone service to ensure you would get the call quality you expect from a home phone service.
Keep Your Existing Phone Number
When you first start service you will be assigned a new phone number as a placeholder. A request is submitted to port your phone number from your existing provider and NETSPECTRUM offers this as a FREE service. Please be advised, when your number ports over to our phone system, if you are still in contract with your number with the existing provider, you may be charged for early cancellation (be sure to check).
Voicemail features include plenty of “bells and whistles” including:
- Voicemail Monitoring
- Listen to the voicemail as it’s being recorded and decided whether or not you want to pick up the phone and answer the call.
- Do Not Disturb Mode
- When your phone is set to Do Not Disturb, all calls on all phones will route directly to voicemail
- Have your voicemails transcribed to text and sent to your email
- Voicemail Alerts to E-Mail and/or Text
- Self-explanatory. You get an email alert or text alert on your mobile phone when you have a new voicemail on your home phone
- Voicemail Forwarding
- Forward your voicemails to your e-mail and listen to new voicemails from your inbox
- Send a Live Call to Voicemail
- Instead of writing down messages for your family members or roommates, ask the person to leave a message. You can send the call to voicemail after you’ve spoken to them already and have them leave a message. Also a great feature if you’re headed out the door, but need some key details from the call saved for later.
- Private Voicemail
- With the ability to create a free second number with our phone service, you will also have a separate mailbox for each number
- Instant Second Line
- This service requires at least one Ooma Handset (available for purchase through NETSPECTRUM for $49.95). Instant second line allows you to make and receive calls on a second handset when one is in use. The person on the phone will still hear the call waiting beep, but the other phone will still ring and can be answered without interrupting the active call.
- Enhanced Caller ID
- See the name of the caller even if they aren’t in your contact list
- Send and Receive Calls on your Mobile Phone
- With the Ooma app, you can make and receive calls using an Android phone or iPhone. Calls made with the Ooma app will use your wifi connection or your phone’s data
- Have your home phone calls go through to both your home phone and your mobile at the same time
- Three-way Conferencing
- Conference in another person to the call
- Backup Number
- If your internet or hydro is interrupted, your calls can be forwarded to a different number, like a cell number. You can also setup call forwarding at any time to another number.
- Custom Call Blocking
- Spammer Blocking
- Block out suspected and known spam calls. You can also setup to have call blocked from callers not in your address book, or calls coming from Anonymous callers.
These are all the main features of the phone service NETSPECTRUM provides. Many of these features would cost you much more than $24.95/month with a landline plan, why not make the switch? Give us a call at 1-800-461-6379 or send a request through our website. Please be sure when sending a request for information to provide your full address so our team can provide you with accurate information on which services we provide are available at your address.